Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye Mickey, Hello Amanda-ness!

Today was my little sister's last day of vacation in Michigan and my cue that the holidays are officially over. It's time to put away the Christmas decorations, register for Winter classes and get to work on this house! Having Mickey home is always super exciting and fun and things just seem more complete with her in the house. And then all of a sudden a few days into our time together, we manage to revert back to that magical period in our lives when we were teenagers in our parents house trying to murder each other with verbal assaults and death stares. Our visits wouldn't be complete without this mini hate fest and we always pop right back into loving each other without skipping a beat but we always manage to fit all the experiences of having a sister into whatever time we are given. I still would rather have her in MI but we'll be in Boston for Easter and that's not long at all.

After dropping her off at the airport I wasted no time jump starting my best year ever by karate chopping my to do list to pieces. I registered for the Winter semester with two management classes and a math class (pending a placement exam) that are sure to keep me busy. Next was an adaptive yoga class at Rising Sun that took me up 10 notches on the Betty scale, took a break for pork chops with the husband and ran back out for my first run of the new program. Now I'm organizing my invite list for Sunday's candle party and then it's bed time.

The yoga class was amazing. Every time I go to a class it feels like I'm closer to being myself, or at least like the person that isn't clouded up with worries, things to do and baggage from the past that you don't really remember but for some reason the bad energy has been floating around in your body causing trouble. Clearing your head and focusing on your body can do wonders. But of course, I was caught up the momentum of the day and made a terrible decision by eating pork chops and then going for a run outside. I was so thirsty but thought, "hey, I'll just drink extra water when I get back home and I'll be fine". So dumb! I was cramping up, instantly sweating like a maniac and then I got super nauseous and called it quits after .6 miles. Boooooo! Well tomorrow is another day for a much better, cooler, smarter, most awesomest run ever,  I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment