Sunday, January 2, 2011

Third Times a Charm

A few months ago my little sister got a job at Converse as their new in house photographer in Boston. We are so proud of her and happy that she's doing so well and loving Boston. But more importantly, we are ecstatic about the family discount at Converse and Nike that we have been enjoying. Personally, I've used this lovely perk to stock up on running and yoga gear the past few weeks. In the past I've invested in running shoes but as far as clothing and gear went, anything would do. Since using my new Nike gear I have really come to appreciate Nike technology and am excited to get back into a full routine. Running and yoga have always been the only form of exercise that I truly can get into because it feels great, helps me focus and just makes me feel better all around. As far as sports and strength training go, it is pure torture! Exaggerating aside, I have puked after one set of squats with a trainer and had to call it a day, complete waste of money. I don't know what my problem is but it's probably mental.

Anyhow, back to my point. I've been taking advantage of the Nike running website and signed up for a program that is going to take me from walking to running in 12 weeks. I've started the program twice now in the past three weeks and unfortunately haven't ran the last few days so am starting for the third and final time tomorrow. I have everything I need, no more excuses, rain, shine or blizzard I'm sticking to the program. It's going to be great and hopefully I can get some running buddies. One of my best friends husband offered to keep me company but right now he's doing seven mile runs and I'm back to baby steps. On week two it would probably be beneficial to have someone to give me that extra push to keep up. I'll be sure to keep myself honest and on track with my Nike+ gear, which by the way is super cool and not as distracting as I thought it would be. Just turn it on, throw it in your pocket and run. Well wish me luck on my first run :) it's time to get some rest now!

Nike Running
Yoga - Southgate,MI

No comments:

Post a Comment